Marian on stars flaunting donations for typhoon victims: ‘What's wrong?’
Chuck Smith (The Philippine Star) - November 14, 2013 - 2:43pm

MANILA, Philippines – Marian Rivera defended celebrities who publicly announced the donations they have given for the victims of typhoon Yolanda.

Earlier this week, Sharon Cuneta received mixed reactions from netizens after she tweeted her P10 million donation for the typhoon. Kris Aquino also received flak when she posted a photo of the check she gave as a donation to Ormoc through Representative Lucy Torres-Gomez on her social media.

According to Marian, stars announce the help they have given to inspire other people to help out as well.

“Minsan kasi mahirap magkwento na tumutulong ka sa kapwa mo. Pero maganda rin yung mga pagkakataong sinasabi mo para magbigyan ng inspirasyon sa ibang tao na tumulong pa,” the Kapuso star said during her launch as the 2014 Ginebra San Miguel calendar girl on Wednesday, November 13.

Related article: A sexier, more confident Marian Rivera is Ginebra’s 2014 calendar girl

Marian also said, “May mga pagkakataon na hindi kailangan sabihin (na tumulong ka). Pero may mga pagkakataon na kailangan mo sabihin para mabigyan mo ng inspirasyon ang mga tao na lahat tayo pwedeng magtulong-tulungan.”

But the 29-year-old actress said she isn’t comfortable to announce how much she has given for the victims. However, Marian admitted helping out GMA-7’s Kapuso Foundation and boyfriend Dingdong Dantes’ Yes Pinoy Foundation.

She described the devastation that typhoon Yolanda caused as “nakakalugmok.”

“Parang ang hirap tanggapin na may ganitong mga pagkakataon. Hindi ko maisip sa buhay ko na nakikita ko sa TV na nawala ng isang iglap yung mga bahay, tapos yung mga tao nagkakagawa,” Marian said.

“Syempre, mga Filipino yan. Kaya kailangan magkaisa tayo, magtulungan. Tayo-tayo ito, e,” she added.

New leading man

Meanwhile, the GMA-7 artist revealed that she will be working with actor Alden Richards in her next soap opera.

The upcoming project with Alden will be Marian’s first soap opera since she renewed her ties with the Kapuso network some months ago.

“Heavy drama ito. Isa na siguro ito sa pinakamabigat na dramang gagawin ko,” Marian said. The actress was recently nominated for an Asian TV Award for her work in “Temptation if Wife.”

As for Alden, she said: “Naku, huwag siyang magalala dahil aalalayan ko siya at naniniwala ako sa kakayanan niya.”

Related article: Marian, Lorna compete for Best Actress plum in 2013 Asian TV Awards

Dingdong also admitted he wants to do a movie with Marian. Is she willing to do a big screen project with her boyfriend?

 â€œMatagal na niyang sinasabi na gusto niyang gumawa. Pero tignan po natin. Depende sa konsepto, depende kung magkakasundo-sundo kung paano,” she said. “Pero syempre willing ako gumawa ng proyekto sa kanya dahil ang tagal na naming hindi nagsasama.”

The two last worked together in the 2012 soap opera “My Beloved,” but their last movie outing together is the 2010 romantic movie “You To Me Are Everything.”

ALDEN RICHARDS BEST ACTRESS DINGDONG DANTES GINEBRA SAN MIGUEL KAPUSO KAPUSO FOUNDATION MARIAN MARIAN RIVERA PERO
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with