Vhong: I am not a rapist, I was set up
Bebot Sison Jr., Cecille Suerte Felipe (The Philippine Star) - January 27, 2014 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - With a swollen face and black eyes, comedian and TV host Vhong Navarro yesterday denied attempting to rape a 22-year-old student, whose friends beat him black and blue in a condominium unit at Bonifacio Global City in Taguig last week.

In an interview with TV host Boy Abunda aired over ABS-CBN’s Buzz ng Bayan, Navarro – Fernando Navarro in real life – said he was apparently set up and the people who beat him up were asking for up to P2 million.

“Binaboy nila ako, even threatening to kill me and my family. I am not a rapist, I have been in the show biz industry for so long and I have not stepped on anyone. I fear God,” Navarro said from his hospital bed.

Navarro, who alleged that six to seven men beat him up last Wednesday, said the girl, whom he met two years ago, first invited him to her condominium last Jan. 18.

He said the girl told him that security in the condominium was strict so she had to fetch him at the lobby.

He said they had white wine but they did not have sex.

Navarro said when he was on his way home, the girl texted him saying, “You’re a bad boy,” which he thought was because they did not have sex.

He said he replied that he “will try to make up for it next time.”

Second time around

Last Jan. 22, Navarro said he again had contact with the girl, who asked him to bring food to her condominium unit.

“So after I had dinner with some friends, I had some food taken out for her.”

When he got to the condominium, the girl instructed him to wait downstairs, which he said took some time, prompting him to go up using the elevator.

When he met the girl near her condo unit, Navarro said she appeared surprised and asked him why he did not wait for her downstairs.

He added that when they entered the condo, she told him “you surprised me,” which he thought was weird since they had been talking about the meeting over the phone.

“When I went to the sofa, I saw her going out, then came a man with a gun. He introduced himself then tied my hands and feet, pushed my face to the floor and hit me many times while a gun was being pointed at me,” Navarro said.

He added that two other men tried to gag his mouth to keep him quiet, so he promised not to shout.

A few minutes later, more men entered the room and rained blows on him, Navarro said.

According to Navarro, his attackers made him confess in a video, saying “I am Vhong Navarro and I raped a friend” several times.

When he was brought down the condominium, Navarro said he was made to wear a bull cap so the guards will not notice him.

His hands were still tied with tape but his feet were untied to allow him to walk.

Police blotter

The men later brought him to a police station to have the incident recorded in a blotter, Navarro said.

It was along their way to the station when the men demanded that he pay the girl an amount that ranged from P200,000 to P1 million.

He said he had to agree with all the demands of his attackers because he was under threat.

But he finally objected when they asked for P2 million.

“I told them I cannot produce that amount,” he said.

Navarro said he admitted the girl’s accusation in the blotter because he was being threatened. He noted while they were in the police station, the girl could not look at him in the eye and appeared to be sorry for what was happening.

According to the blotter at the Southern Police District Headquarters (SPD) District Investigation and Detective Management Division signed by Navarro, the girl said the comedian held her hands, pulled her hair and forced her to lay down on a chair.

The report said the girl was able to run to her room but Navarro followed her then forced her to the bed, “hurting the victim for his lewd desires.”

No proof

Navarro emphasized in the interview that he was a good man.

He admitted, however, that he could not produce the text messages and call records between him and the girl, because these were erased by his attackers.

He said he is still afraid for the safety of his family, but he decided to come out in the open to prevent his attackers from victimizing other people.

Navarro’s lawyer, meanwhile, said they would file charges against his client’s attackers.

 

BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY BOY ABUNDA DISTRICT INVESTIGATION AND DETECTIVE MANAGEMENT DIVISION FERNANDO NAVARRO GIRL LAST JAN NAVARRO SOUTHERN POLICE DISTRICT HEADQUARTERS VHONG NAVARRO VHONG NAVARRO AND I
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with