Napoles request for executive session denied
Louis Bacani (The Philippine Star) - November 7, 2013 - 10:51am

MANILA, Philippines - Janet Lim-Napoles has requested for an executive session during the her first appearance before the Senate hearing on the pork barrel scam.

Asked by Senator Teofisto Guingona III for her reason, Napoles said this is due to the "sensitivity" of the issue.

The Senate panel, however rejected Napoles' plea.

"'Di po namin maibibigay ang hinihiling niyo na executive session. Nakikiusap kami na magsabi po kayo nang totoo para sa taumbayan," Guingona told Napoles after a brief discussion with the other members of the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee.

Read: Guingona urges Napoles to cooperate

"Magkakaroon ng duda kung bakit tayo-tayo lang ang nag-usap," Sen. Alan Cayetano told Napoles.

Napoles is expected to face her cousin, Benhur Luy and the other whistleblowers, who have accused her of operating the multi-billion peso scam.

So far, lawmakers who are present at the hearing are Senate President Franklin Drilon and Senators Alan Cayetano, Bam Aquino, Chiz Escudero, JV Ejercito, Grace Poe Llamanzares, Antonio Trillanes and Sonny Angara.

As of this posting, Guingona was grilling Napoles on the earlier testimonies of the whistleblowers regarding the pork barrel fund scam.

ALAN CAYETANO ANTONIO TRILLANES AND SONNY ANGARA BAM AQUINO BENHUR LUY CHIZ ESCUDERO DRILON AND SENATORS ALAN CAYETANO GRACE POE LLAMANZARES GUINGONA JANET LIM-NAPOLES NAPOLES
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with