Erik Santos: There’s no next Regine, Martin
Joyce Jimenez (philstar.com) - January 13, 2016 - 6:45pm

MANILA, Philippines – Erik Santos believes that there can only be one Regine Velasquez and Martin Nievera.

“I don’t think there will be next Regine or Martin,” Erik said during the press conference on Wednesday of their concert “Royals” together with Regine, Martin and Angeline Quinto.

This was after he was asked how it feels that Martin and Regine’s titles were somehow being passed to them through this concert.

Erik explained that “nag-iisa lang sila. Tsaka ‘yong mga naabot nila puwedeng hindi namin maabot, at hindi pa rin namin naaabot kung ano ang naabot nila.”

This is not the first time that Erik and Angeline will be performing with Regine and Martin.

The four of them were in a concert together August last year, when The Concert King and Asia’s Songbird did a guest performance in Angeline and Erik’s concert “KQ: Erik Santos and Angeline Quinto at the Araneta Coliseum."

Despite this, Erik said he still feels pressured performing with two of the industry’s most renowned singers.

“Hindi po ‘yon mawawala. Kasi po ‘yong idea na makakasama po naming ‘yong dalawang idol namin sa isang concert is a big blessing for me and Angeline,” he said.

“So kailangan talaga namin ni Angeline mag-keep up,” he added.

“Royals” concert will happen on February 13 at SM Mall of Asia Arena and on February 14 at the Waterfront Hotel and Casino in Cebu.

ACIRC ANGELINE AND ERIK ARANETA COLISEUM CONCERT CONCERT KING AND ASIA ERIK ERIK AND ANGELINE ERIK SANTOS ERIK SANTOS AND ANGELINE QUINTO MALL OF ASIA ARENA MARTIN AND ANGELINE QUINTO
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with