^

Nation

607 houses turned over to Cebu Yolanda victims

Christina Mendez - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines — A total of 607 housing units have been turned over to victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda in Cebu province.

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said the project is part of the sustained efforts of the Duterte administration to provide assistance to Cebu residents who were affected by the typhoon.

Nograles joined National Housing Authority (NHA) officials and local government unit beneficiaries during the virtual turnover of the housing units in Barangay Tambongon in San Remigio town on June 30.

Nograles is the chairperson of the Inter-agency Task Force for the Unified Implementation and Monitoring of Rehabilitation and Recovery Projects and Programs in Yolanda-hit areas.

He said the NHA turned over 5,521 housing units in Central Visayas in the past two years.

A total of 1,863 housing units had earlier been completed in Daanbantayan, Tabuelan (220), Bantayan in Bantayan Island (450), Medellin (631), Sta. Fe in Bantayan Island (1,000) and Madrilejos (750).

“We are steadily realizing our advocacy of fighting hunger and poverty with focused programs in Yolanda-affected areas. We need to help each other. Government cannot and should not monopolize these development efforts, that’s why we have actively engaged the private sector in this massive campaign to eradicate hunger and poverty,” Nograles said.

YOLANDA VICTIM
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with