Go reminds public to remain vigilant despite GCQ
(The Philippine Star) - June 2, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — With most places in the country now under general community quarantine effective June 1, Sen. Bong Go reminded Filipinos to continue following health protocols and remain vigilant as the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) still remains a threat to everyone.

“Still follow protocols” while there is still no vaccine invented, he said.

The senator’s reminder came after President Duterte, upon the advice of the Inter-Agency Task Force, has approved effective June 1 until June 15 the transition of many major areas to GCQ, including Metro Manila, from the modified enhanced community quarantine previously imposed throughout Luzon.

GCQ has been declared in Baguio City, Pangasinan, Region II, Region III, Region IV-A and the National Capital Region.

In the Visayas, Iloilo City and Region VII were also declared under GCQ, and in Mindanao, both Zamboanga City and Davao City are placed in the same quarantine classification. Meanwhile, for the rest of the areas not mentioned, a modified GCQ is taking place.

Cebu City is the only area in the country which remains under the more stringent modified ECQ. The same IATF resolution, however, allows for the imposition of localized ECQ within a town or city should there be sudden spike in the number of infection cases.

Just because it’s GCQ doesn’t mean people can travel freely, the senator said.

The IATF has defined GCQ as the implementation of temporary measures limiting movement and transportation. There are also regulations of operating industries and the presence of uniformed personnel to enforce necessary community quarantine protocols. Meanwhile, MGCQ refers to the possible transition between GCQ and the new normal, when the temporary GCQ measures are relaxed and become less necessary.

On the other hand, Go clarified that the Hatid Probinsya initiative for stranded individuals is different from the Balik Probinsya, Balik Pag-asa Program (BP2). The senator explained that each program addresses certain types of concerns of affected individuals seeking help.

Various Hatid Probinsya initiatives being implemented right now are specifically targeting overseas Filipino workers, students, tourists and ordinary individuals stranded in Metro Manila and need to go home to their provinces. The national government opted to roll out the subsequent batches of BP2 program soon after the Hatid Probinsya is implemented.

Go also made clear that each batch being brought home go through a rigorous health process to prevent them from being carriers of the disease. They are also required to go through a mandatory 14-day quarantine.

GCQ
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with