The Department of Foreign Affairs said a Filipina worker fell to her death in United Arab Emirates last week.
File
DFA confirms 22-year-old OFW died after falling off UAE building
(philstar.com) - November 26, 2018 - 5:53pm

MANILA, Philippines— The Department of Foreign Affairs on Monday confirmed that a 22-year-old overseas Filipino worker fell to her death in United Arab Emirates last week.

In a statement, the DFA said Consul General Paul Raymond Cortes in Dubai reported to the Home Office that the deceased was reported to have fallen from the third floor of a building in Ajman, UAE. The building wasn’t identified but the incident occurred last November 23, 2018.

“She was declared dead upon arrival at the Sheikh Khalifa Hospital,” the DFA said.

Cortes said the Consulate General in Dubai is already in touch with the relatives of the deceased Filipina worker. They are also coordinating with Ajman authorities in the probe of the worker’s death and repatriation of her remains.

The DFA said it has conveyed its condolences to the bereaved family. 

Middle East Digital Agency Global Media Insight, which conducted its in-depth analysis of the UAE Population in 2018, said there are 530,000 Filipinos in the country. The analysis was released in January 2018. —Rosette Adel

OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKER UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with