^
John Lloyd Cruz officially a Kapuso?
John Lloyd Cruz with GMA executive Annette Gozon-Valdes
STAR/ File

John Lloyd Cruz officially a Kapuso?

Nathalie Tomada (The Philippine Star) - June 18, 2021 - 12:00am

Is John Lloyd Cruz officially a Kapuso?

Such fan speculation was fueled by a photo shared last Monday on social media.

The Instagram account @kapusoprgirl posted a photo of GMA Network executive Annette Gozon-Valdes and the comebacking star at a meeting that occurred Monday night.

Its caption read: “LOOK: John Lloyd Cruz meets with GMA Films president and programming consultant to the GMA chairman Annette Gozon-Valdes. The matinee idol recently made his television return on GMA-7 for a special for an e-shopping platform.”

The photo came more than a week after John Lloyd appeared as a special guest in the Shopee special on Kapuso blocktimer-producer Willie Revillame’s Wowowin show last June 6. It was his first TV appearance since taking an “indefinite leave of absence” from showbiz in 2017.

The STAR learned that John Lloyd didn’t become a Kapuso during his meeting with Gozon-Valdes.

“Working on it,” Gozon-Valdes said on Wednesday in response to a question from The STAR if the 37-year-old actor is officially a Kapuso.

Here’s what actually happened during her first meeting with John Lloyd.

“We discussed possible shows for him in the meeting. First is the sitcom that he wants to produce himself that can hopefully launch this year already. Then another show hopefully next year,” she revealed.

How soon can Kapuso fans expect him to sign up with GMA-7? Gozon-Valdes said, “We are hoping to have his sitcom launch in September or October. So hopefully, before the launch of the sitcom, we can welcome him formally to the GMA Family.”

During the TV special last June 6, Willie announced that he and John Lloyd are set to topbill a “primetime show” on the network. Andrea Torres is being eyed to be part of the cast.

Gozon-Valdes previously told The STAR that before John Lloyd’s appearance on the Kapuso station, they had to make sure he had “no more contractual obligations with any other network.”

When asked if GMA will offer him an exclusive contract, she said, “Let’s see. Siempre after so long na ABS siya and Kapamilya siya, now he’s going to appear on GMA, I think he’s also taking things slow. Yung hindi naman biglaan. But we want to make him feel very welcome with us and comfortable enough to consider that in the future.”  

JOHN LLOYD CRUZ
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with