Brickland breaks ground for Woodway 2
Joefel Ortega Banzon (The Freeman) - July 27, 2019 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — Five years after the success of its flagship project and some prodding from clients, Brickland Property Venture Corporation yesterday broke ground on the second phase of Woodway Townhomes in Pooc, Talisay City, Cebu.

With a total investment of over P50 million, this latest addition to the company’s community of modern zen houses targets the mid-range to high-end clients who want accessibility to transportation and nearby commercial hubs such as SM Seaside City Cebu and soon, the Cebu Ocean Park.

Targeted for completion by the last quarter of 2023, the project sitting on a half a hectare property, will have 37 units with price range starting from P4.5 million.

With lot cuts averaging 64 square meters, Woodway Townhomes 2 has four models to choose from: Russet (Rowhouse), Hickory (Single Attached), Willow (Rear Attached), and Olivewood (Single Detached), which features two car parks.

When asked about the main selling point of this particular project, Brickland Property Venture Corp. President Brixcy Shane Yu said the second phase will have bigger rooms than their first project because it is what the clients want.

“When I had the houses designed, I always put myself as a client. I always remember. I listen to what the client wants and from my existing buyers,” Yu said.

She added that income only comes second stressing that they are more concerned about the safety of their clients and make sure that they are comfortable with their new homes.

The housing units can be availed through 20% equity, which is payable for 24 months, and the remaining 80% through bank financing. The company’s bank partners include PNB, UCPB, WealthBank, and Sun Savings Bank, among others.

As construction starts right after the groundbreaking ceremony, Yu said the pre-selling period will start early next month, to which she confidently said that the units are most likely to sell fast.  

“I am confident because I put my heart into this. I don’t see it as a job but more of a service to help other Filipinos to find a perfect house for them,” she said.

Yu added that her optimism is driven by the fact that before they decided to launch Phase 2 of Woodway Townhomes, “there were a lot of clients looking for units from us because they were happy.”

To depict that tight-knit community, Phases 1 and 2 will have shared amenities such as a playground will be installed in Phase 1, while a basketball court will be in Phase 2.

Yu also said that those who could avail of their housing units are deemed lucky as their project is among the last developments approved by the Talisay City government before the City Council approved a three-year moratorium on all housing projects in Talisay through a resolution authored by City Councilor Rodolfo Cabigas in 2017.

Then Mayor Eduardo Gullas said the moratorium was necessary as they need to regulate housing projects in the City to make way for the implementation of the city’s Comprehensive Drainage Plan, Barangay Development plan and the enhancement of road size standards.

The local government said it favors condominiums to be built along SRP as it would attract investors.

Yu said they might consider condominium developments in the future but for now, their next project would probably be in the North.

BRICKLAND PROPERTY VENTURE CORPORATION
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with