Manila Water inks deal for Tagum project
(The Philippine Star) - October 17, 2015 - 10:00am

MANILA, Philippines –  The consortium of Manila Water Co. Inc. and iWater Inc. has signed a joint venture agreement with the Tagum City Water District for the operation of a bulk water supply project.

The consortium, comprising Davao Del Norte Water Infrastructure Co.and iWater,  shall own 90 percent of the project while TWD shall own the remaining  10 percent.

The Tagum water district awarded the bulk water supply project to Manila Water and iWater in July.

The project involves the construction of a water treatment plant that has a capacity of 38,000 cubic meters per day, a treated water transmission pipeline, a treated water reservoir that has a 5,000 cubic meter capacity, booster pumps, standby generator sets, and bulk water metering systems at off-take point.

It would take two years to complete the construction of the P500-million treatment plant.

Construction of the treatment plant would start early next year.

The facilities, when completed, should be able to supply the water district with 26 million liters of treated water per day on the first to third year of operation, 32 MLD on the fourth to sixth year and 38 MLD for the remaining years of the 15-year delivery period.

Bidding for the project was opened in December 2014 and concluded in July.

Tagum is the capital city of the province of Davao del Norte.

BULK DAVAO DAVAO DEL NORTE WATER INFRASTRUCTURE CO MANILA WATER MANILA WATER CO NORTE PROJECT TAGUM TAGUM CITY WATER DISTRICT WATER YEAR
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with