A Philippine Army KM-450 utility truck. Philstar.com/Jonathan de Santos, file

Northern Luzon Command troops sent to assist in flooded areas
Artemio Dumlao (philstar.com) - July 23, 2018 - 3:06pm

BAGUIO CITY, Philippines — Soldiers from Central and Northern Luzon have been sent to help victims of flooding in provinces north of Manila. 

The military's Northern Luzon Command has activated its Disaster Response Team Units, which were dispatched to affected areas in coordination with local disaster response committees, said Lt. Col. Isagani Nato, Nolcom spokesman.

Tropical Depression "Josie" and the heavy downpours because of the southwest monsoon last week and through the weekend have caused flooding in areas of Bataan province. 

Marikina in Metro Manila and Cavite province in southern Luzon have also declared states of calamity because of the flooding. 

Nolcom had put its forces on red alert to help disaster councils that request assistance, Nato said. He said around 50 disaster response teams have been sent out.

Lt. Gen. Emmanuel Salamat, Nolcom commander, told soldiers deployed in Central and Northern Luzon to be on alert and anticipate the need to be sent out to help.

#JOSIEPH JOSIEPH NORTHERN LUZON COMMAND
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with