Raps filed vs kidnappers of Italian ex-missionary
Roel Pareño (The Philippine Star) - October 14, 2015 - 10:00am

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – Police have filed charges against the leader of a syndicate and three others tagged in the kidnapping of a former Italian missionary in Dipolog, Zamboanga del Norte, a security official said yesterday.

Sehar Muloc, alias Commander Red Eye, was among those charged for the kidnapping of Rolando del Torchio in Barangay Miputak last week, said Chief Superintendent Miguel Antonio, director of Police Regional Office 9. 

The suspects were identified through video footage taken by surveillance cameras in a restaurant owned by the victim.

“We filed the case against a father and son and the owner of the getaway car and another one,” Antonio said.

Police said Muloc, whose group is based in Salug town, was arrested in 2014 in connection with another kidnapping case, but was freed on bail. 

Military and police forces continue to comb all suspected areas where Torchio could have been taken.

Aseniero Lorenzo, spokesman for the provincial crisis management of Zamboanga del Norte, said Dipolog Mayor Evelyn Uy requested journalists to be circumspect in reporting about the rescue operations.

Lorenzo said Torchio’s family raised fears for the safety of the victim.

ASENIERO LORENZO BARANGAY MIPUTAK CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT MIGUEL ANTONIO COMMANDER RED EYE DIPOLOG DIPOLOG MAYOR EVELYN UY NORTE POLICE REGIONAL OFFICE SEHAR MULOC TORCHIO ZAMBOANGA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with