3 human H7N9 cases in Guangdong
Rosalinda L. Orosa (The Philippine Star) - January 18, 2014 - 9:00pm

GUANGZHOU (Xinhua) - Three new cases of human H7N9 were reported Saturday in south China's Guangdong Province, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 21, provincial health authorities said.

One of the patients is a 5-year-old girl surnamed Pan, who is from provincial capital city of Guangzhou and in stable condition. She is receiving treatment in hospital, according to a statement from the provincial health and family planning commission.

Another patient is 83-year-old woman surnamed Yang, who is being treated at a local hospital and is in critical condition, it said.

A 62-year-old man surnamed Zhou from Shenzhen is confirmed contracting the H7N9 bird flu virus. He is in stable condition, the statement said.

So far, Guangdong has confirmed 21 human H7N9 cases since August. Two of them have died.  
 

CASES CONDITION GUANGDONG GUANGDONG PROVINCE GUANGZHOU H7N9 OLD PROVINCIAL SHENZHEN XINHUA ZHOU
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with