Election officer relieved, transferred to other post
Marchel P. Espina (The Freeman) - October 12, 2015 - 10:00am

BACOLOD CITY, Philippines – An election officer here was relieved from his post after he was involved in a shooting incident with a policeman last week.

Jessie Suarez, election supervisor of Negros Occidental, confirmed that Cadiz City election officer Revo Sorbito was ousted from his post and assigned temporarily to the Comelec provincial office, pending investigation of the case by the regional office.

Suarez said Sorbito already submitted his explanation to Comelec-6 and it is now up to the regional office to resolve the case.

The relief order of Sorbito however was only part of the process and that the incident had nothing to do with his job as an election officer, said Suarez.

On October 6, Sorbito allegedly fired twice at Police Officer 2 Warren Dela Cruz, who was on board a motorcycle, at Villena Street in Barangay Zone 2, Cadiz City, police records showed.

Dela Cruz fired back at Sorbito but hit instead the latter's passenger, identified as 42-year-old Rablito Comparisio. Both parties have already settled the case amicably.

On November 2013, Sorbito was also involved in another shooting incident at downtown Bacolod City, after he allegedly threatened Joseph Nazareno of Community Investigative Support of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, the report said.

BACOLOD CITY BARANGAY ZONE CADIZ CITY COMELEC DELA CRUZ JESSIE SUAREZ JOSEPH NAZARENO OF COMMUNITY INVESTIGATIVE SUPPORT OF THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AND DETECTION GROUP NEGROS OCCIDENTAL ON NOVEMBER ON OCTOBER SORBITO
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with