Developer postpones launch of posh resort
Ehda M. Dagooc (The Freeman) - October 30, 2020 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — The opening of Sheraton Cebu Mactan Resort has been moved to the second semester of 2021, as announced by its developer, AppleOne Mactan Inc.

AppleOne Mactan Inc., chief executive officer (CEO) Ray Manigsaca told The Freeman that the company decided to postpone its opening to 2021 instead of this year, as the market is still facing difficulties due to the pandemic.

“We decided to postpone the opening to 3rd or 4th quarter of next year and observing the market. Key executives of Marriott are on board already,” said Manigsaca.

The 250-room luxury resort will be managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts, now Marriott International Inc.

Meanwhile, The Residences at Sheraton Cebu is so far the first branded residences to be managed by the company in South East Asia, an indication of the company’s strong confidence of the fertile business potential for luxury living in the Philippines, specifically Cebu.

The P4 billion five-hectare seaside project is so far the first Sheraton brand in South East Asia.

SHERATON MACTAN RESORT
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with