^

Nation

Another Quezon town declared insurgency-free

Ed Amoroso - The Philippine Star

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna, Philippines — Another town in Quezon province has been cleared of communist rebels.

Col. Ledon Monte, Quezon police director, said San Narciso town was declared insurgency-free after no incident of harassment or terrorist attack had been reported in the past several years.

Police, military and local government officials signed a memorandum declaring stable internal peace and security in the town.

San Narciso is the third town in Quezon to be declared insurgency-free after Macalelon and Gumaca.

Meanwhile, 197 New People’s Army (NPA) supporters surrendered in San Narciso on Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities said the rebel returnees were with the NPA’s Sub-Regional Military Area 4B-Southern Tagalog Party Committee.

vuukle comment

COMMUNIST REBEL

Philstar
x
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with