5 PUIs die in Ilocos Sur, Pangasinan
Raymund Catindig (The Philippine Star) - April 9, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Four persons under investigation (PUIs) for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Ilocos Sur have died while waiting for their test results.

Gov. Ryan Singson said the fatalities were in isolation in various health facilities in Ilocos Sur. He did not say when the patients died.

There are 18 PUIs in Ilocos Sur, four of whom have recovered.

There is only one confirmed COVID-19 case in the province.

In Pangasinan, a 79-year-old resident of Barangay Pantal, Dagupan City suspected to be infected with COVID-19, died on Tuesday. He is the fourth fatality among PUIs in the city.

Two other PUIs in the province, a 54-year-old female nurse and a 68-year-old Filipino-American, tested negative for COVID-19 and were released from hospitals on Tuesday. 

Four other COVID-19 patients recovered.

In Bulacan, another COVID-19 patient died while seven more cases were recorded.

The provincial health office said the fatality is a 52-year-old man from Sta. Maria town.

Guiguinto and Baliwag each registered two new cases while Malolos City, Sta. Maria and Bulakan recorded one case each.

Bulacan has 46 cases, 13 of whom died and two recovered. There are 535 PUIs and 1,060 persons under monitoring (PUMs) in the province.

Zambales recorded its seventh case, a 45-year-old seafarer, who was admitted at the President Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Hospital in Iba on Thursday last week.

In Cagayan, a health worker of the Department of Health regional office was infected with COVID-19, test result released yesterday showed.

The two co-workers of the patient were also infected with the flu virus. One has recovered and discharged from the Cagayan Valley Medical Center on Monday.

Meanwhile, six personnel of the Zamboanga peninsula police office manning quarantine checkpoints are among the PUIs in the region.  

Maj. Helen Galvez, regional police spokesperson, said 38 other police officers are PUMs.

Galvez said police officers with symptoms of COVID-19 are on quarantine and being monitored by the regional health office.

An Army officer who recovered from the flu virus was given a hero’s welcome as he returned to the First Division in Labangan, Zamboanga del Norte on Tuesday.

The soldier is among three recovered COVID-19 patients in the region. - Eva Visperas, Ramon Efren Lazaro, Cesar Ramirez, Bebot Sison, Roel Pareño, Ric Sapnu

Related video:

COVID-19 PERSONS UNDER INVESTIGATION
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with