Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon, whom Cardema accused of seeking political favors and extorting P2 million from him, said she will ask the poll body’s law department to investigate him.
File
Cardema faces new Comelec probe
Mayen Jaymalin (The Philippine Star) - August 23, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Disqualified Duterte Youth party-list nominee Ronald Cardema may be the subject of a Commission on Elections (Comelec) investigation for alleged partisan political activities while serving as National Youth Commission (NYC) chairman.

Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon, whom Cardema accused of seeking political favors and extorting P2 million from him, said she will ask the poll body’s law department to investigate him. 

“May 2, 2019 Cardema was chair of NYC and chairman of Duterte Youth. He engaged in partisan political activity while in office. This is a crime. @COMELEC,” Guanzon posted on Twitter.

Guanzon previously directed the Comelec law department to look into  the filing of an election offense against Cardema for misrepresenting himself as qualified youth sector representative, who must be under the age of 30. Cardema is 34.

If found liable for election offense, Cardema faces imprisonment of one to six years, disqualification from holding public office and deprivation of the right of suffrage. 

NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION RONALD CARDEMA ROWENA GUANZON
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with