3 kidnap gang members slain in shootout with cops
Emmanuel Tupas (The Philippine Star) - August 22, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Three suspected members of a kidnap gang were killed in an alleged shootout with police officers in Indang, Cavite yesterday.

Cavite police director Col. William Segun said one of the fatalities was identified only as Vince.

Segun said personnel of the Cavite police, Anti-Kidnapping Group and regional intelligence division were serving a search warrant at the hideout of the suspects in Barangay Kayquit 1 at around 2:48 a.m. when they were shot.

There was no casualty on the side of law enforcers.

The target of the operation, former police officer Magdaleno Pacia of the Southern Police District, was not present during the raid.

Pacia was dismissed from the service in April last year after he was found guilty of grave misconduct and illegal possession of explosives. He was also tagged in the kidnapping of several Chinese citizens, including a casino player, in June.

Police said an M16 rifle, a Beretta and a .45-caliber pistol were recovered from the fatalities.

3 drug suspects killed

Meanwhile, three drug suspects were killed in Quezon and Bulacan on Tuesday,

Harold Hugo, who was recently released from jail, was shot by an unidentified man in Barangay Tinamnan, Lucban, Quezon.

Robert Jhon Fulgar, 25, and Efren Esteban Jr. allegedly shot it out with anti-narcotics agents who posed as buyers of shabu in Barangay Ilayang Iyam, Lucena, also in Quezon and Poblacion, Norzagaray, Bulacan, respectively. – Ed Amoroso

KIDNAP GANG SHOOTOUT
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with