^

Metro

Fire hits junk shop in Valenzuela

Ramil Bajo, Rey Galupo - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines - A fire caused by faulty electrical wiring hit a junk shop in Valenzuela City yesterday morning.

City fire marshal Superintendent Jonas Silvano said the blaze broke out at a junk shop owned by Jovita Ocampo along Candido street, Barangay Mapulang Lupa at around 6 a.m.

Arson investigators said the fire reached the fourth alarm before it was declared under control at 7:35 a.m.

Firemen initially reported that a rubber factory was on fire as the junk shop also contained scrap rubber.

Damage to property was estimated at P500,000 to P1 million.

ALARM

BARANGAY MAPULANG LUPA

CANDIDO

CITY

FIRE

JOVITA OCAMPO

JUNK

RUBBER

SHOP

SUPERINTENDENT JONAS SILVANO

VALENZUELA CITY

Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with