^

Metro

Electrical overload sparks Navotas fire

Pete Laude - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines - A fire reportedly caused by an electrical overload razed a house in Navotas City early yesterday morning.

Fire Officer 2 Benjamin Maburang said the two-story house of Anita Pag­linawan along Buwan-Buwan street in Barangay North Bay Boulevard South was gutted to the ground.

“Although the house was destroyed, all its occupants escaped unhurt,” Maburang told The STAR.

He said that the fire started at around 2 a.m. at the second floor after a power outlet exploded.

“It was caused by an electrical overload,” Maburang said.

The blaze engulfed the house, but the early arrival of firemen, led by fire marshal Chief Inspector Paul Pili, prevented the flames from spreading to adjacent houses.

“It was put out by our firefighters and within 44 minutes it was declared out,” Maburang said.

Some P750,000 in property went up in smoke.

 “The local fire bureau kept on reminding the residents, especially these holidays to be careful of their electrical appliances to avoid incidents like this,” Maburang said.

ANITA PAG

BARANGAY NORTH BAY BOULEVARD SOUTH

BENJAMIN MABURANG

BUWAN-BUWAN

CHIEF INSPECTOR PAUL PILI

FIRE

FIRE OFFICER

HOUSE

MABURANG

NAVOTAS CITY

  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with