WATCH: Duterte attends conference in Malacañan amid ‘health’ rumors
Rosette Adel (philstar.com) - October 4, 2018 - 7:11pm

MANILA, Philippines (Updated 11:51 p.m.) — To dispel issues hounding the health of President Rodrigo Duterte, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Thursday released a video of the president attending a joint force command conference in Malacañan.

In his social media post, Roque also reiterated that Duterte is not sick.

“[He’s] not sick! Sorry to his detractors!” Roque wrote.

Roque released the video a day after Duterte skipped the turnover of a check donation from the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation. It was slated on Wednesday at 4 p.m.

On Wednesday evening, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea defended Duterte’s absence saying the president is doing well.

“Of course he is ok at ‘di tinakbo yung tseke,” Medialdea was quoted by Palace reporters.

Duterte’s absence came after the rumored hospitalization of the president.

The president was rumored to be ushered by his doctors and security men at the Laparoscopy Section of Cardinal Santos Hospital in San Juan City. He allegedly underwent Laparoscopic Colectomy Surgery and was seen walking slowly in the hospital.

Duterte admits visiting Cardinal Santos

Duterte, however, admitted that he did go to the Cardinal Santos Hospital for tests on Wednesday. 

He said this during a late night speech Thursday as he hosted a dinner for the Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association, Incorporated at the President’s Hall in Malacañan Palace.

"You know three weeks ago I had my endoscopy and colonoscopy then I was about to have sana nga yung Cabinet meeting yesterday but yung reading ng aking ano somebody asked my doctor just to repeat and get some samples of dito ulit so I stayed there for one hour sa Cardinal Santos," he said.

Duterte previously admitted experiencing migraine. He also claimed he is suffering from Buerger’s disease, a sickness known to be caused by smoking.

READ: Duterte: 'I’m in perpetual pain but not seriously ill'

The president also said he experienced having a spinal problem and impaired hearing due to an accident.

Last August, Communist Party of the Philippines founding chair Jose Maria reportedly claimed that Duterte was in the state of coma. However, this was denied by the president and his camp.

Duterte said he has still several years to go.

HARRY ROQUE JOMA SISON RODRIGO DUTERTE
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with