NDF orders NPA to launch huge tactical attacks
Gilbert P. Bayoran (The Freeman) - September 27, 2018 - 12:00am

BACOLOD CITY, Philippines — The National Democratic Front — accusing the Armed Forces of the Philippines of trying to sabotage the continuation of the peace negotiations with the Philippine government — has ordered its units under the Leonardo Panaligan Command (LPC) of the New People’s Army to launch widespread tactical offensives against “peace saboteurs and counter-revolutionary forces.”

 

Ka JB Regalado, in a statement issued by the LPC, accused Colonel Alberto Desoyo, commander of the 303rd Infantry Brigade, and spokesman, Captain Ruel Llanes, of being “peace spoilers,” and “fabricating obsolete and one-sided news.”

Regalado condemned the attempt to sabotage the peace talks being pushed to President Rodrigo Duterte, through House Resolution Number 1803, which was also welcomed by NDFP negotiating panel chairman, Fidel Agcaoili.

He also slammed the 303rd IBde for the conduct of military operations in the hinterlands of Trinidad, Tacpao, Binubuhan, Sandayao and Imelda, all in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental. These operations, he said had resulted in “massive human rights violations, use of unmanned drones, and ransacking of residences,” which he said took place at Barangay Quintin Remo in Moises Padilla town, Negros Occidental.

Desoyo however said earlier that the NPA in Negros island committed 14 liquidation activities, with the victims either civilians or barangay officials accused of being military spies. There were also two attempted liquidations, four arsons, and two disarming incidents over the past eight months.

The NPA’s Rachalle Mae Palang Command (RMPC) had reported that it successfully carried out punitive action against a quarry operator at Barangay Cawitan in Santa Catalina town, Negros Oriental, where they burned its three heavy equipment — two backhoes and a pay loader.

RMPC spokesperson Ka Estrella Banagbanag, in a statement, said the NPA fighters also disarmed the security personnel of the quarry operator. The estimated damage on the burned heavy equipment was placed at P12.9 million, according to Senior Superintendent Raul Tacaca, director of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office.

Ka Estrella claimed that RMPC action was in response to various complaints and demands of residents in the area against the drop in their crop production due to the quarry operations.

LEONARDO PANALIGAN
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with