Capitol resource center WT passes post-qualification process
Lorraine Mitzi A. Ambrad (The Freeman) - November 28, 2018 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — The winning contractor for the 20-story resource building project of the Cebu provincial government passed the post-qualification process according to the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of the provincial government.

“Nihimo mig resolution, ang BAC, nga i-endorse namo ni Governor for his comment and for his approval nga gi-recommend namo ang WT (Construction) to be the contractor for the project,” said BAC Vice Chairperson Jone Siegfred Sepe.

WT Construction proposed to build the center for P1,298,997,129.

“Ang ilang financial offer gi-compute sa atong consultant ug atong provincial engineer.  So far all figures are in,” he added.

Capitol took out a P1.5-billion loan from the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) to finance the project.

It is payable in ten years with a fix interest rate of 2.9 percent per annum.

Sepe said that a technical working group was formed to evaluate whether the financial, legal, and technical papers submitted by WT Construction was complete and true. The said group did the post-qualification process.

“Ang ilang (technical working group) tahas was to evaulate and post qualify kadtong nagpabilin nga qualified lone bidder. Sa ilang pag-present kahapon, ningpakita sila tanang legal documents ni WT are so far compliant,” he said.

BAC resolved to endorse the aforementioned firm despite its link to the construction of the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC).

“As far as projects is concerned, physical and financial completion, all documented man ang tanang kumpletong trabaho so nabayran,” Sepe explained.

He continued that the construction firm has no negative slippage or unsatisfactory projects with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).

To recall, WT Construction sued the provincial government for not paying some dues for additional work at the CICC.

In previous interviews, Capitol officials said that the issue of CICC was the procurement process and not the quality of the building.

Before the contract gets awarded to a contractor, the governor will approve first the bidder recommended by the BAC.

Then, an authorization from the Provincial Board (PB) is needed before a contract can be executed with the winning bidder.

With the current development, the chances of having failure of bidding are slim according to the BAC.

“I don't think that he will do that (veto the awarding of the project) either he will say yes or no to something that is important on his agenda, where people are watching,” Sepe added.

If a contract will be signed within this year, the dilapidated building on the construction site is expected to be demolished next year. — MBG (FREEMAN)

BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with