The alleged gunman, Ricarte del Corro, alias Blupaks, a resident of Barangay Labangon, and brothers Alberto and Alvin Baluyos of Duljo Fatima were charged with murder and frustrated murder before the Cebu City regional trial court.
File
3 charged over ex-Cebu prosecutor’s slay
(The Philippine Star) - July 12, 2018 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — Charges were filed yesterday against three suspects in connection with the killing of retired prosecutor Salvador Solima and the wounding of his wife Verose in Cebu City on July 2.

The alleged gunman, Ricarte del Corro, alias Blupaks, a resident of Barangay Labangon, and brothers Alberto and Alvin Baluyos of Duljo Fatima were charged with murder and frustrated murder before the Cebu City regional trial court.

The Baluyos brothers were arrested shortly after Del Corro was collared in a follow-up operation last week. Another suspect remains at large.

In her affidavit, Raquel Faoagali, 47, said she was at the house of the couple in Barangay Guadalupe when two of the suspects entered and sought legal assistance from Solima regarding a drug case filed against a friend of the suspects.

After agreeing on a placement fee of P120,000, Faoagali said one of the suspects, who was later identified as Del Corro, drew his gun and shot Solima three times.

Verose, who hid near a refrigerator, was shot in the head and brought to a hospital where her husband died while being treated.

CRIME MURDER SALVADOR SOLIMA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with