Batangas police chief sacked
Ed Amoroso (The Philippine Star) - August 21, 2015 - 10:00am

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna, Philippines – The police chief of Batangas City has been removed from his post in connection with an administrative case he is facing.

Superintendent Danilo Mendoza, acting Batangas City police chief, was slapped with a 40-day suspension over the alleged rubout of Ozamiz gang leader Ricky Cadavero and his cohort Wilfredo Panogalinga in San Pedro City, Laguna in July 2013, Chief Superintendent Richard Albano, Calabarzon police director, said yesterday.

Mendoza was the head of the Regional Special Operations Group 4A when the incident occurred.

Albano said Superintendent Allan Rae Co, former Lucena City police chief, replaced Mendoza.

Mendoza was appointed acting Batangas City police chief last month. He replaced Superintendent Manuel Castillo, who was removed from his post over his poor performance under Oplan Lambat-Sibat.                                       

BATANGAS CITY CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT RICHARD ALBANO LUCENA CITY MENDOZA NBSP OPLAN LAMBAT-SIBAT REGIONAL SPECIAL OPERATIONS GROUP RICKY CADAVERO SAN PEDRO CITY SUPERINTENDENT ALLAN RAE CO SUPERINTENDENT DANILO MENDOZA
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with