‘Pastillas Girl’ confirms ma received death threats

Ghio Ong (The Philippine Star) - December 1, 2015 - 9:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Television celebrity Angelica Jane Yap, better known as “Pastillas Girl,” told the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) yesterday her mother received death threats two days before she was killed.

Her mother, Barangay 127, Caloocan City councilwoman Teresa Hernandez, was shot at close range in the back of the head at a canteen Sunday night. 

“My mom had been telling me about threats to her life,” Yap said.

The threats may have been in the messages Hernandez received on her two mobile phones, which have been surrendered to the NBI.

The NBI said it may seek help from telecommunications firms to identify the senders of the messages.

Yap said her mother’s murder represents “a threat not only for her but for her family as well.” 

Aside from Yap, two other witnesses also filed their statements with NBI.

A worker at the canteen where Hernandez was killed  said the assailant introduced himself as a police intelligence officer looking for drug pushers. He stayed at the canteen for a few minutes before killing Hernandez, he said.

Another witness said the assailant asked for information on where drug pushers may be hiding.

ACIRC ANGELICA JANE YAP CALOOCAN CITY CANTEEN HERNANDEZ MOTHER NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION NBI PASTILLAS GIRL TERESA HERNANDEZ YAP
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with