2 suspected dengue deaths monitored

May B. Miasco/FPL (The Freeman) - October 26, 2015 - 10:00am

CEBU, Philippines - The Cebu City Health Department is investigating two more suspected dengue deaths in the city.

City health officer Dr. Daisy Villa said she received reports of a suspected dengue fatality in Barangay Sawang Calero last week and another at Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center this week.

“We still have not confirmed it but I believe we have to dig up first… I’m not pretty sure, so we are still on the process of investigating the matter,” Villa said.

As of now, the official dengue fatalities in the city remain 11 as of yesterday. The figure, however, is higher compared to the four recorded deaths in the same period last year.

Villa, however, said the figure could go up to 13 if the recent reports will be confirmed.

Villa said that they have already recorded 1,027 dengue cases in the city since January 1 until October 3. The figure is also 20-percent higher compared to the 841 cases in the same period last year.

Villa said the city health department is conducting a continued search and destroy operation of mosquito breeding sites. She also reminded the public to continue to be vigilant to prevent the dreaded disease.  (FREEMAN)

 

ACIRC BARANGAY SAWANG CALERO CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT CITY DENGUE DR. DAISY VILLA FIGURE HEALTH LAST VICENTE SOTTO MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER VILLA
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with