^

Nation

Caloocan records 50,622 virus cases

Ghio Ong - The Philippine Star

MANILA, Philippines — At least 50,622 residents of Caloocan have contracted COVID-19 since last year, according to data from the city government.

As of Friday, around 91 percent or 45,951 persons recovered and 1,337 others died while 3,334 more are still being treated or isolated.

Barangay 176 in Bagong Silang recorded the most active COVID-19 cases with 300 while Barangays 3, 136, 138, 6, 13, 29, 39, 41, 47, 72, 76, 91, 94, 102, 113 and 116 have no active case.

Meanwhile, some areas in a subdivision in Caloocan were placed under granular lockdown for another week after tallying more residents infected with COVID-19.

The city government declared it would seal off a cluster of households “bound by Guinugitan, Masbate, Panglao and Victoria streets, inclusive of Panay street, at H. dela Costa Homes, Barangay 179, District 3” until Sept. 16. The area has been under lockdown since Sept. 3.

The lockdown was extended after the area recorded 20 more COVID-19 patients and 80 close contacts during the first week, Mayor Oscar Malapitan said.

Before the lockdown, 16 COVID-19 patients and 103 close contacts were recorded.

The city government said only medical workers, police officers, city and barangay government employees and persons who need urgent medical help may leave the area.  

COVID-19
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with