^

Tuguegarao reverts to ECQ; Baggao on MECQ

Raymund Catindig (The Philippine Star) - January 21, 2021 - 12:00am

TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan , Philippines — This city and the remote town of Baggao were reverted to stricter community quarantine status for 10 days starting yesterday amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.

The Regional Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases said Tuguegarao was placed under enhanced community quarantine while Baggao is under modified ECQ.

Tuguegarao Mayor Jefferson Soriano said 236 active cases were recorded in the city in the past week alone.

Soriano said 30 of the city’s 49 barangays or 61 percent recorded COVID-19 cases, with 20 new cases logged per day.

This city was placed under MECQ in August and October last year, also due to a surge in cases.

Meanwhile, Baggao recorded 64 active cases as of Tuesday.

Mayor Joan Dunuan said most of the cases were recorded after the Christmas holidays.

Authorities said most of the new patients attended the dawn masses or Simbang Gabi.

In Isabela, the municipal building in Luna was placed on lockdown until tomorrow after three employees and an official tested positive for the virus.

Mayor Jaime Atayde said one of the infected local government employees was among seven persons who contracted the virus after attending a party.

In Agusan del Norte, a five-day special concern lockdown will be imposed in Cabadbaran City from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3 to avoid mass gatherings during its fiesta celebration.

Aside from limiting the movement of people, Mayor Judy Chin Amante imposed a liquor ban. – Ben Serrano

COVID-19
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with