^

TV host seeks NBI help over sex video

Marc Jayson Cayabyab (The Philippine Star) - December 29, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The camp of television host Maine Mendoza yesterday went to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to report a fake sex video circulating on the internet and falsely attributed to the actress.

The NBI said it would gather evidence against those who uploaded the video.

NBI Cybercrime Division chief Vic Lorenzo said the suspects would face charges for violating the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act and Safe Spaces Act, cyberlibel, unjust vexation and identity theft.

Mendoza’s mother and lawyer submitted to the NBI links and screenshots of the malicious videos.

The actress has denied being in the sex tape, adding that the woman only looked like her.

Mendoza’s management, All Access to Artists Inc., said the video had been digitally altered.

The management warned those who will spread the video of lawsuits.

FAKE NBI SEX VIDEO
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with