Palawan lawyer’s slay: Alleged brains surrenders

Ed Amoroso (The Philippine Star) - November 28, 2020 - 12:00am

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna, Philippines — The alleged mastermind in the killing of lawyer Eric Jay Magcamit in Narra, Palawan last week surrendered yesterday.

Marcelino Quoyo, who yielded at around 3 p.m., was placed under the custody of a task force headed by Palawan police director Col. Nicolas Torre.

Quoyo said he fears for his life and wants to be placed under the custody of the police.

Quoyo is among nine persons charged with murder in connection with the killing of Magcamit.

Also charged before the provincial prosecutor’s office was Senior M/Sgt. Ariel Pareja.

Torre said Pareja worked as a bodyguard for Quoyo, who is involved in a land dispute case where Magcamit served as a lawyer for the other party.

Meanwhile, the Cebu City police will create a special panel to probe the killing of lawyer Joey Luis Wee.

Cebu City police director Col. Josefino Ligan said the task force would be composed of personnel of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, regional crime laboratory, city police intelligence unit and Mabolo police station.

Ligan said they would coordinate with the National Bureau of Investigation regional office, which will conduct a parallel probe.

Lt. Col. Wilbert Padilla, Cebu City police director for operations, said they hope they could personally interview the widow of the victim. – The Freeman

ERIC JAY
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with