^

Nation

Filipino maid in Saudi now in coma after alleged rape

Dennis Carcamo - Philstar.com
MANILA, Philippines - A Filipino household helper, allegedly maltreated and raped by his employer in Saudi Arabia, is now in comatose, a migrant workers' rights group claimed on Saturday. 
 
The Migrant Sectoral Party (MSP) in Saudi Arabia said the Filipino woman, 25, a native of Kabuntalan, Maguindanao, was brought by her employer at a local social welfare agency six days ago. 
 
MSP-Riyadh spokesperson Francis Dungca said the woman's condition deteriorated as days passed.  
 
Dungca said the Filipino household service worker told the other wards at the social welfare agency that she had been raped.
 
"(She) told them that she was gagged with clay and silicon after the rape incident," Dungca said, adding that her fellow wards noticed that she could barely stand and walk when she was brought by her employer at the social welfare center. 
 
Dungca said the Philippine labor officials in Saudi should also ascertain the Filipino worker's age as her fellow wards claimed that she is only 17 years old. 
 
Migrant rights groups will raise the case during a dialogue with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Administration officials on September 28.

A FILIPINO

DIV

DUNGCA

FRANCIS DUNGCA

KABUNTALAN

MAGUINDANAO

MIGRANT SECTORAL PARTY

NBSP

PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS LABOR OFFICE-OVERSEAS WORKERS WELFARE ADMINISTRATION

RIYADH

SAUDI ARABIA

Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with