‘Jaguar’ still supplying drugs, reports indicate
Bryner L. Diaz (The Freeman) - January 7, 2016 - 9:00am

CEBU, Philippines - Police are not convinced that suspected druglord Jeffrey “Jaguar” Diaz is completely out of the illegal business, even with the opening of his compound in Barangay Duljo-Fatima, Cebu City.

A resident who introduced himself as “Jojo” said several months ago, he noticed the compound gates have been destroyed, thereby giving residents access to the compound.

Jojo showed members of the media pillars of the two former exits of the compound and of the main gate. He said since the opening of the compound, people have been coming in and out of the area.

After Jaguar and his entire family went missing, nobody occupied his houses inside the compound and they are said to be up for lease to anyone interested.

Although people pointed to only one house as Jaguar’s, a resident said that he owns at least three houses with a “for rent” tarpaulin hanged in front of them.

He said even long before the opening of the compound, they no longer see Jaguar around. Jaguar has reportedly gone “missing together with his family” early last year after his pronouncement that he was no longer connected with the drug business.

But the chief of the Regional Intelligence Division of the of the Police Regional Office-7 finds this hard to believe, saying reports from the lower units still indicate him as a supplier.

Superintendent Rex Derilo, however, agreed that Jaguar may no longer be li-ving in his residence.

“Physically wala siya dyan, kung nandyan siya dugay na siya nakuha pero padayon gihapon ang iyang business sa Cebu. It does not necessarily follow nga kung wala siya diha, wala na sad siya ma-involve sa illegal nga drogas,” Derilo said.

“He can always say that to clear his name publicly, bisan kinsa man pwede mosulti ana… Otherwise kung wala na siya tinood wa na kay madawat report sa ubos wa nay molutang ang ngalan niya,” he added.

Derilo said he received information that some police officers and local government officials are even still involved in Jaguar’s activities, although he declined to name them.

But he warned police officers “in cahoots with Jaguar” that their acts will not be tolerated.

 He said they are still searching for Jaguar’s location and that they are coordinating with the different law enforcement units in the region and of the other regions in the country.

However, he admitted that Jaguar could have left the country or may have fled to a safe location since “he has the means” to do so. (FREEMAN)

 

ACIRC AFTER JAGUAR BARANGAY DULJO-FATIMA CEBU CEBU CITY COMPOUND DERILO JAGUAR JOJO REGIONAL INTELLIGENCE DIVISION OF THE OF THE POLICE REGIONAL OFFICE SUPERINTENDENT REX DERILO
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with