Uy murder case: 2 men’s absence suspicious–cops
(The Freeman) - November 6, 2015 - 9:00am

CEBU, Philippines - Policemen investigating the murder  of Agnelen Uy, who was found dead in her husband’s car late last month, are now thinking that the two men whom they invited for questioning are involved in the crime after they did not show up.

Senior Inspector Elisandro Quijano, chief of the Homicide Section in the Cebu City Police Office, said yesterday they went to the lending company owned by Wayne Christopher, Agnelen’s husband, in Mandaue City, looking for his employees Rudy and Joel.

The two have reportedly not shown up for work since Agnelen was found dead.

Two other employees, JR and Renato, already showed up at their office and submitted affidavits that Rudy and Joel were with them inside the Kia Picanto car before the incident together with the couple. JR and Renato allegedly went out of the car and it was the two who were left inside together with the couple.

With this, the police investigators asked to see Rudy and Joel to invite them for questioning. However, they did not show up.

“So gitan-aw pud to namo nga sign of guilt to. Nga naa gyud to sila’y participation sa crime. Kay og inosente ka, nganong di man ka mopakita?” said Quijano.

Quijano said they already consider the husband as the suspect in the crime since his earlier claims and statements were inconsistent and the timeline he mentioned did not coincide with the footage they got from closed-circuit television cameras.

However, he also said it is not just the husband whom they consider the suspect in the crime but also the four other employees who were with the couple inside the car before the incident.

“Sila gyud lima ang file-an unya bahala na sila sa pag-defend sa ilang kaugalingon. So if ever dili contented ang korte sa ilang isulti, then malutsan gyud sila og warrant,” said Quijano.

Quijano said as of now, it is too early to file the case against them since the evidence they have are circumstantial.

“Although, mo-stand na man gyud na sa court ang two or more circumstantial evidences but gilig-on lang gyud usa namo ang kaso kay aron dili gyud masayang ang effort,” he said.

He also said considering they still do not have the statement of someone who witnessed the actual killing, they will wait for the result of the paraffin test and other evidence gathered from the crime scene.

“We will try to have this filed by next week. Basta i-make sure lang gyud namo nga strong among case,” said Quijano. — Ma. Fatima R. Secuya/BRP (FREEMAN)

 

ACIRC AGNELEN AGNELEN UY CEBU CITY POLICE OFFICE FATIMA R GYUD HOMICIDE SECTION KIA PICANTO MANDAUE CITY QUIJANO RUDY AND JOEL
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with