Antipolo health office OPD on lockdown
Neil Jayson Servallos (The Philippine Star) - July 8, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — A doctor and two nurses are among the employees at the Antipolo city hall who tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19, results released yesterday showed.

“We are temporarily closing the outpatient department of the city health office to pave the way for decontamination and disinfection. Services are expected to return as soon as possible. The other offices at the city hall will remain open,” Mayor Andrea Ynares said.

Ynares said the patients have been quarantined while those who were exposed to them were tested.

The treasury office was also disinfected after an employee of the city treasury tested positive for the virus on Sunday.

The COVID-19 emergency room at the Rizal Provincial Hospital annex was closed after 19 medical and non-medical staff were exposed to an infected patient.

The Antipolo public market has been on lockdown since Wednesday last week after 18 vendors yielded positive results in swab tests conducted under the city government’s  expanded targeted testing.

Eight new cases were recorded in the city on Monday, bringing the number of cases to  357.

Antipolo also recorded 35 deaths and 164 recoveries.

In Pangasinan, Mayor Timoteo Villar III of Sto. Tomas town placed Barangay San Jose on lockdown until July 18 after it recorded a confirmed case.

Residents are ordered to stay at home except for medical emergencies and essential supply runs. Eva Visperas

COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with