Cubao to Makati in 5 minutes, Duterte vows
Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - March 15, 2019 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte is expecting an improvement in Metro Manila’s traffic situation by September because of the government’s infrastructure projects. 

“Build Build Build in about... Give me until June, July or the latest September - Cubao, Makati, we’ll give you a ride in five minutes,” Duterte said during a campaign rally of the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan last Wednesday in Isabela. 

“Once we connect them, it (traffic congestion) will be over. I will turn EDSA into your dump site,” he added.

Duterte said Japan would also provide boring machines for the Metro Manila Subway project, which is expected to break ground before the end of the year. 

“Of course we have the money. That’s why I have the guts... I hope God will allow me to see this. I’m not trying to say remember me. As a matter of fact, when I’m gone, forget me. Doing something gives me personal satisfaction,” he said. 

Last month, Duterte witnessed the inauguration of North Luzon Expressway Harbor Link Segment 10 and the groundbreaking of the NLEX-Southern Luzon Expressway Connector Road, projects designed to ease the traffic woes in Metro Manila.     

INFRASTRUCTURE RODRIGO DUTERTE
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with