Kin of 8 SAF men slain in Cagayan to get benefits
Mike Frialde (The Philippine Star) - June 18, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The families of the eight members of the Philippine National Police-Special Action Force (SAF) killed in an ambush staged by the New People’s Army (NPA) guerrillas in Cagayan last month will get welfare benefits from the National Police Commission (Napolcom), an official said yesterday.

Napolcom vice chairman and executive officer Eduardo Escueta said aside from the pension, the families would also receive burial assistance, educational assistance for the children, and medical and hospitalization benefits to the wounded police officers.

“We mourn for the valiant police officers and the other victims of this heinous crime and we assure the families of the slain policemen and wounded police officers that they will receive full assistance from the commission,” Escueta said.

He said he ordered officials in Tuguegarao City to get in touch with the families to inform them of the requirements, processes and procedures in availing the benefits as granted under the law.

The SAF men were ambushed in Barangay Cataratan, Allacapan town last May 27 as they were on the way to way to Allacapan municipal police station for a medical examination.

Killed in attack were Police Officer 3 Vladimir Tabarrejo; Police Officers 2 Engelbert Mateo, Dexter Cubilla, Jonel Bowat, Elmark Rodney Pinated, Ronald Castulo, and Police Officers 1 Erick Brioso and Jerome Sanchez.                

 

ALLACAPAN BARANGAY CATARATAN DEXTER CUBILLA EDUARDO ESCUETA ELMARK RODNEY PINATED ENGELBERT MATEO ERICK BRIOSO AND JEROME SANCHEZ JONEL BOWAT POLICE POLICE OFFICERS
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with