The MYX Music Awards 2009 nominees
SOUNDS FAMILIAR - Baby A. Gil () - January 23, 2009 - 12:00am

It is MYX Music Awards time once again. Now on its fourth year, the annual event from the country’s top music channel honors hitmaking accomplishments of the past year with focus of course, on music videos. The award-giving will be held at the ABS-CBN Dolphy Theater on Feb. 26. But before that happens fans and viewers will have to work hard to make sure that their favorites go home with the trophies.

Here is how it goes. As in the previous years, fans’ votes by text will account for 60 percent of the overall tally while the remaining 40 percent will come from artists’ votes. The voting period starts today and ends on Feb. 24. You can tune in to MYX on Skycable Channel 23 or log on to MYX.TV for updates on the MYX Music Awards.

Please note that texters can only vote once per category per day. To vote for your favorites, all you have to do is text MMA (number of nominee) and then send to 2366. Cost of vote is P2.50 per text. Example: If you want to vote for Astrojuan for Favorite MYX Bandarito Performance, what you have to do is text MMA 1 to 2366.

Here now are the nominees and their respective numbers.

Favorite MYX Bandarito Performance: (1) Astrojuan (2) Coffee Break Island (3) Delara (4) Kinky Hooters (5) Nyctinasty.

Favorite MYX Live Performance: (6) Aiza Seguerra (7) Chicosci (8) Imago (9) Richard Poon (10) Sandwich.

Favorite International Music Video: (11) 7 Things, Miley Cyrus (12) Crush, David Archuleta (13) Decode, Paramore (14) When You Look Me in The Eyes, Jonas Brothers (15) Womanizer, Britney Spears.

Favorite MYX Celebrity VJ: (16) KC Concepcion (17) Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson (18) Sam Concepcion (19) Sarah Geronimo (20) Vhong Navarro.

Favorite Media Soundtrack: (21) Ang Sarap Dito (Coke) Project 1, (22) A Very Special Love, Sarah Geronimo (23) Ikaw ang Pangarap (Lobo), Martin Nievera, (24) Kung Fu Fighting (Kung Fu Panda), Sam Concepcion (25) This is Me (Camp Rock), Julianne and Miguel Escueta.

Favorite Remake: (26) A Very Special Love, Sarah Geronimo (27) Macho, Parokya ni Edgar (28) Message in a Bottle, Dawn (29) Payong, Miss Ganda (30) Princesa, Itchyworms.

Favorite Collaboration: (31) Christian Bautista and Sitti, Captured (32) Julianne and Miguel Escueta, This is Me (33) Lourd de Veyra and Raimund Marasigan, Egis Erp (34) Project 1, Ang Sarap Dito (35) Sarah Geronimo and Howie Dorough, I’ll be There.

Favorite Guest Appearance in a Music Video: (36) Bembol Roco, Boogie Mo by Bembol Rockers (37) Billy Crawford, If You’re Not the One by Nikki Gil (38) Glaiza de Castro, Disconnection Notice by Pupil (39) Karylle, Only Hope by Gary Valenciano (40) Marian Rivera, Kung Sakali by Ogie Alcasid.

Favorite Indie Artist: (41) Angulo (42) Drip (43) Out of Body Special (44) Paraluman (45) Reklamo.

Favorite New Artist: (46) Charice (47) KC Concepcion (48) Nancy Jane (49) Rico Blanco (50) Taken by Cabs.

Favorite Mellow Video: (51) A Very Special Love, Sarah Geronimo (52) Kung Sakali, Ogie Alcasid (53) Now, M.Y.M.P. (54) Tell Me That You Love Me, Regine Velasquez (55) The One Who Won My Heart, Christian Bautista.

Favorite Rock Video: (56) Ang Pusa Mo, Pedicab (57) Disconnection Notice, Pupil (58) Procrastinator, Sandwich (59) The Fight is Over, Urbandub (60) Yugto, Rico Blanco.

Favorite Urban Video: (61) Eargasmic, Dice & K9 Mobbstarr (62) K.I.T.T.Y., Kitty Girls (63) Make ‘em Say, Pikaso (64) Pambansang Kamao, Dcoy featuring Artstrong, E.S.P., Nathan J. (65) Shake That Thing, Dannie Boi feat. Beatmox.

Favorite Group: (66) 6Cyclemind (67) Callalily (68) Pupil (69) Sandwich (70) Spongecola.

Favorite Male Artist: (71) Christian Bautista (72) Erik Santos (73) Ogie Alcasid (74) Richard Poon (75) Rico Blanco.

Favorite Female Artist: (76) Kyla (77) Rachelle Ann Go (78) Regine Velasquez (79) Sarah Geronimo (80) Yeng Constantino.

Favorite Artist: (81) Callalily (82) Rico Blanco (83) Sandwich (84) Sarah Geronimo (85) Sponge Cola.

Favorite Song: (86) Betamax, Sandwich (87) Kailan, Bamboo (88) Pasubali, Sponge Cola (89) Pitong Araw, Hale (90) Yugto, Rico Blanco.

Favorite Music Video: (91) Ang Pusa Mo, Pedicab, directed by RA Rivera (92) Ang Sarap Dito, Project 1, directed by Marie Jamora (93) Disconnection Notice, Pupil, directed by Quark Henares (94) Procastinator, Sandwich, directed by Quark Henares (95) The Fight is Over, Urbandub, directed by Treb Monteras II.

Starting texting your votes now.

A VERY SPECIAL LOVE ANG PUSA MO ANG SARAP DITO BANDARITO PERFORMANCE CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA DISCONNECTION NOTICE FAVORITE JULIANNE AND MIGUEL ESCUETA OGIE ALCASID RICO BLANCO SARAH GERONIMO
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with