Sandigan shuts down as 2 employees catch virus
Elizabeth Marcelo (The Philippine Star) - July 14, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines – The Sandiganbayan shut down its premises in Quezon City yesterday after two employees tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) after undergoing swab tests.

In a memorandum dated July 12, Presiding Justice Amparo Cabotaje-Tang said they closed the anti-graft court amid the “increasing number of COVID-19 cases.”

“This step is necessary to enable the Sandiganbayan to conduct disinfection of the entire building, contact tracing and monitoring of the health of the court’s employees,” the memorandum read.

Sandiganbayan justices, officials and employees will continue to perform their functions under alternative work arrangements.

Tang said the public may still reach the anti-graft court through its hotline and e-mail addresses published in its website.

The Sandiganbayan resumed normal operations last month after Metro Manila was placed under a more lenient general community quarantine.

The court has been conducting online hearings while employees were required to report to offices under skeletal work scheme as part of precautionary measures.

The Manila Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 30 and Office of the Clerk of Court were placed on lockdown beginning yesterday until July 24 after some employees were infected with the virus, MeTC Executive Judge Carissa Anne Frondozo said.

Frondozo ordered court personnel to undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Evelyn Macairan

SANDIGANBAYAN
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with