Re-electionist village chief electrocuted
Ric Sapnu, (The Philippine Star) - October 29, 2013 - 12:00am

CAMP OLIVAS, Pampanga â€“ A village chairman seeking re-election was electrocuted as he was fixing a defective electric wire in Mexico, Pampanga, over the weekend.

Magno Maglaqui, 63, of Barangay Piring Dolores, was rushed to the Mexico Community Hospital for treatment. He was transferred to Mt. Carmel Hospital in the City of San Fernando, where he died while being treated, according to Senior Superintendent Oscar Albayalde, Pampanga police director.

Albayalde said Maglaqui and his wife Feliza were in a barangay patrol car when they saw an electric cable blocking the road.

The victim reportedly pulled the wire, not knowing it was live. 

 

ALBAYALDE BARANGAY PIRING DOLORES CITY OF SAN FERNANDO FELIZA MAGLAQUI MAGNO MAGLAQUI MEXICO COMMUNITY HOSPITAL MT. CARMEL HOSPITAL PAMPANGA SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT OSCAR ALBAYALDE
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with