MANILA, Philippines — The campaign period for candidates vying for national posts will run for 90 days before the May 9, 2022 elections.
Ten aspirants will be running for president:
- Former presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella
- Labor leader Leody de Guzman
- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso
- Former defense secretary Norberto Gonzales
- Sen. Ping Lacson
- Businessman Faisal Mangondato
- Former Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
- Doctor and lawyer Jose Montemayor Jr.
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao
- Vice President Leni Robredo
Nine names are on the ballot for the position of vice president:
- Rep. Lito Atienza (Buhay Party-list)
- Former lawmaker Walden Bello
- Broadcaster and pro-life advocate Rizalito David
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte
- Direct democracy advocate Manny Lopez
- Doctor Willie Ong
- Sen. Francis Pangilinan
- Lawyer Carlos Serapio
- Senate President Vicente Sotto III
Meanwhile, 64 candidates will vie for 12 slots in the Senate.
The campaign season will officially start on February 8 and will end on May 7. Get real-time updates on the campaign trail here. (Can't view the updates below? Click here)