_freeman
^

Cebu City restobar probed over disco

Iris Hazel M. Mascardo (The Freeman) - May 18, 2021 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines —  A restobar on General Maxilom Avenue in Barangay Kamputhaw, Cebu City is being investigated after a police inspection on Friday discovered that it was holding a disco but failing to enforce minimum health standards.

Cebu City Police Office deputy director for operations Wilbert Parilla said they inspected the establishment called ClubHolic after receiving report that the restobar was holding a disco and allowing in customers beyond the allowed capacity.

A show cause order was already issued against the establishment yesterday, asking it to explain its side of the matter.

Councilor Joel Garganera, deputy chief Implementer of the Emergency Operations Center, said the establishment will be given due process, as he noted that this was the establishment’s first offense.

The firm may face revocation of liquor permit and business permit as possible penalties depending upon the outcome of the investigation.

ClubHolic recently got a special permit to serve liquor with 300 persons allowed for live entertainment as posted on its Facebook page.

The same permit also disclosed that only 21-year-olds and above are allowed to purchase and consume liquor in the establishment.

ClubHolic, in a statement, said it is “extremely grateful for the LGU officials and on-duty police officers for calling out their attention.”

The management also said it is open to discussing with the concerned agencies how to serve better and ensure everyone’s safety.

“We understand that everyone is just excited to feel normal again, but we too would not allow your safety to be at risk. A safer party continues, partyholics,” part of ClubHolic’s statement read.

But according to Parilla, ClubHolic failed to secure a special permit attesting that its staff had been trained to handle customers during pandemic.

“Duna pa gyud ni silay special permit nga kuhaon sa EOC nga nag-signify nga naka-undergo na sila og training with regard to handling customers and pagsunod sa specific nga health protocols sa atoang syudad,” he said.

“Especially sa number of customers nga ilahang i-accommodate, dapat nakapaskil sa ilahang establishment kung pila ra dapat kabuok, specific numbers naa gyud,” he added.

The police have stressed that despite the lifting of liquor ban, the holding of disco is still not allowed.

“Disco is not yet allowed. As of now wala gyud na gitugot nato ang mga restobars, so kini nakita nato nga nag-disco gyud, klaro kaayo, glaring kaayo nga violation, so mao ni atong gibuhatan og report,” Parilla said.

After the police’s series of inspections, the police have observed that most of the establishments are compliant with the health protocols.

But Parilla still urged everyone to follow the rules.

“Para di na sad to mo-recommend nga mobalik ta’s liquor ban, so mao nay hangyo sa tanan nato nga establishment nga ato lang sundon aron di maangin and mga mostly nisunod,” said Parilla.  — Caecent N. Magsumbol, JMD (FREEMAN)

HEALTH PROTOCOLS RESTOBAR
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with