No new COVID-19 cases in two cities
(The Freeman) - October 18, 2020 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines —   The cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu, for the first and second time, respectively, recorded zero new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, data of the Department of Health (DOH) Central Visayas showed.

Mandaue City’s active cases remain at 88 out of its total 2,509 cases.

The active cases of Lapu-Lapu City, on the other hand, stand at 102. It now has 2,411 total cases.

It first recorded no new COVID cases on October 10.

The same DOH data showed that the cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu reported 2,274, including three new ones, and 2,206 recoveries, respectively.

The number of deaths in Mandaue stands at 147 as no new death was reported, while Lapu-Lapu maintains at 103.

The DOH data also showed that Cebu City recorded four new COVID cases.

In its official Facebook page, the total number of cases in Cebu City is at 10,158 with 217 active cases as of October 16.

There are seven additional recoveries bringing the total recoveries to 9,263.

The total number of deaths is at 678 after recording one new fatality.

Cebu City had been identified as one of the country’s hot spots for the coronavirus disease.

Moreover, in Cebu Province, the COVID cases have reached 6,000 with 383 active cases after it recorded 19 additional cases.

The total number of recoveries is at 5,248, 16 of these are new.

The province’s total number of deaths is at 369, including four new ones.

The province and the cities of Cebu, Lapu-Lapu, and Mandaue remain under relaxed modified general community quarantine until the end of this month.

As of Friday, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Central Visayas is at 21,690 with 957 active cases, 19,424 total reported recoveries, and 1,309 total reported deaths.

Follow Health protocols

In a separate development, Dr. Mary Jean Loreche, DOH spokesperson, has urged minors and seniors to strictly follow health protocols after the Inter Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) eased up restrictions on them.

“If they can’t avoid going out, they should at least guard their health. Make sure they religiously follow the health protocols,” she said.

IATF eased up three quarantine rules—the curfew for those between 15 to 65 years old, outbound travel of Filipinos, and cockfighting activities.

IATF, in its Resolution 79 approved on Thursday, said individuals between 15 to 65 years old may now go out of their homes. The resolution also amended the previous age range of 18 to 60 years old. — with Rowena D. Capistrano, Banat News Correspondent/KQD (FREEMAN)

COVID-19 DOH
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with