Hunt down ‘serial rapist’ in Quezon — Duterte
Alexis Romero, Edith Regalado (The Philippine Star) - January 15, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte has ordered a manhunt for a “serial rapist” preying on children in Quezon.

Duterte lamented that Quezon is “always in the limelight” because of rape and killing of children. 

“There are things which I would like to bring to the attention of the Filipino people... In Quezon,... there is a serial rapist. Someone was raped and killed yesterday,” the President told reporters at Fort Bonifacio on Monday.

“I would like to know what steps have been taken to protect the public in that place. Hanapin nila kung sino man yan at huwag nilang buhayin,” Duterte said. 

The President said he would meet with concerned police officials to discuss the issue.

Last week, police arrested a 54-year-old man accused of raping and killing an eight-year-old girl in Candelaria. The body of the girl was found in a grassy portion in a subdivision.

 

DUTERTE MANHUNT
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with