In a video by Rappler's Pia Ranada, the PSG said the order to prevent her from entering the premises was issued Tuesday, a day after Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go blamed the online news outfit of delivering fake news.
AP/Aaron Favila, File
PSG bars Rappler reporter from entering Malacañan
Rosette Adel (Philstar.com) - February 20, 2018 - 11:48am
MANILA, Philippines — The Presidential Security Group barred a Palace reporter from online news site Rappler from entering the Palace.
 
According to Rappler's Pia Ranada, the PSG initially prohibited her from entering the New Executive Building where the Malacañan press briefing room is located but it was later clarified that she is allowed to enter the building but not the Palace, where the president's events are held.
 
In a video by Ranada, PSG’s Mark Anthony Cempro said the order to prevent her from entering the premises was issued Tuesday.
 
Asked who issued the order, Cempro said it was from their “operation.” He refused to mention the official behind the order.
 
It was also not clear until when the order would take effect.
 
The prevention order against Rappler was issued a day after Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go blamed the online news outfit of delivering fake news.
 
Last month, the Securities and Exchange Commission ordered to revoke the certificate of incorporation of Rappler.
 
Ranada has been covering President Rodrigo Duterte since the campaign period. She is also a member of the Malacañang Press Corps.

Related video:

BONG GO MALACAñANG RAPPLER RODRIGO DUTERTE
Philstar
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Recommended
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with