^
3rd telco player

3rd telco player

LATEST UPDATE: March 2, 2021 - 11:40am
LOCATION:
MANILA PHILIPPINES
+ Follow Story
March 2, 2021

DITO Telecommunity will launch its service in key areas in Visayas and Mindanao starting on March 8.

The third telco player says it will then make its way to the rest of the country in just a couple of months.

DITO services will be first available in the following areas:

Metro Cebu

  • Carcar
  • Cebu City
  • Consolacion
  • Danao
  • Liloan
  • Mandaue
  • Minglanilla
  • Naga
  • San Fernando
  • Talisay

Metro Davao

  • Panabo
  • Tagum
  • Carmen
  • Davao City
  • Digos
July 8, 2019

The Philippine government awards the Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity to Mislatel consortium, officially greenlighting its operation as the third telco provider in the country.

President Rodrigo Duterte graced the awarding ceremony at Malacañan Palace which was led by the Department of Information and Communications Technology and the National Telecommunications Commission.

The winning consortium of the third telco bid, comprised of Mislatel, Udenna Corporation, China Telecom and Chelsea Logistics, promised to offer 55 mbps of internet speed that covers 84.01% of the population in five years.

January 24, 2019

Udenna Corp.'s Dennis Uy is attending the Senate hearing on issues surrounding third telco player in the Philippines.

Also at the hearing National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon and DICT Undersecretary Eliseo Rio, News5's Meanne Los Baños reports.

November 19, 2018

The National Telecommunications Commission has issued an order confirming Mislatel—the consortium of Dennis Uy-led Udenna Corp, Chelsea Logistics Holdings and China Telecommunications Corp.—as the third telco player in the Philippines, ONE News' Bimbo Santos reports.

The order comes as Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to arrive in the Philippines for a state visit.

November 13, 2018

The NTC selection committee denies PT&T’s motion for reconsideration appealing the result of the third telco selection process.

On Monday, the committee also junked Sear Telecom's appeal seeking to declare Mislatel Consortium guilty of misrepresentation of facts and concealing material evidence in the bidding.

It added that the denial was a "rushed resolution."

 

July 20, 2018

Department of Information and Communications Technology Acting Secretary Eliseo Rio, Jr. says an oversight body has agreed to choose the new major service provider based on “highest committed level of service,” resolving an impasse that has delayed the entry of a new player that will break a longstanding duopoly in the country’s telecommunications market.

Malacañang initially said the new telecom carrier will be named within the first quarter of 2018. But this target has been missed as the DICT and Department of Finance spar over which selection mode should be used.

The DICT wants the company with the highest committed level of service to be chosen as the third telco carrier. On the other hand, the DOF prefers to hold an auction for the frequencies, with a floor price of over P6 billion from the previously reported P36.58 billion.

PLDT Inc. informed the government about the divestment of some of its radio frequencies, which will be available to the country’s upcoming third telecommunications player.

In a letter to the National Telecommunications Commission dated March 5, PLDT President and CEO Manuel Pangilinan officially communicated to the government that it will surrender 10 Mhz of 3G radio frequency held by CURE for no compensation. — Ian Nicolas Cigaral

Philstar
Facebook
  • Latest
  • Trending
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

FORGOT PASSWORD?
SIGN IN
or sign in with