Headlines Skinning Left, pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
Headlines ( Leaderboard Top ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

Updated ‘narco-list’ now in PNP chief's hands

The integrity of the infamous list of Duterte was already questioned last year due to its errors. File photo

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa confirmed Thursday that he has received an updated copy of President Rodrigo Duterte's so-called “narco-list”.

Dela Rosa said he has yet to see the names of the politicians, government officials and magistrates allegedly included in the list.  

“Hindi ko pa nababasa, but for sure itong bagong listahan na ‘yan, that is the product of constant workshop ng PDEA, PNP, AFP at ibang intelligence agencies,” the PNP chief said in a press briefing in Ozamiz City.

“May kopya na kami but hindi ko pa nakita, hindi ko pa na-browse ‘yung latest,” he added.

Dela Rosa was in the city with Duterte to award the Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido, Ozamiz City police director, for his performance in the government's war on drugs.

Last week, Espenido, along with other 30 PNP personnel, were recognized during the 116th anniversary of the police force.

Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

Duterte showed the public his updated narco-list on Wednesday. He, however, declined to announce prominent names in the list as he did with the first list in 2016.

The integrity of the infamous list of Duterte was questioned last year due to errors in some of the information in it. Verification showed that some of the personalities named were already dead, while others were already discharged from service.

The administration has been pushing its campaign against illegal drugs as a way to solve the country's crime problem. 

Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
  • Follow Us:
Healines Skinning Right, pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1