Basillote’s downline falls in buy-bust
Mylen P. Manto, Mae Clydyl L. Avila (The Freeman) - May 25, 2019 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — A drug suspect believed to be connected with the man in the controversial mauling video involving policemen was arrested in a buy-bust operation.

Florentino “Eglo” Solon, 29, from Barangay Carreta, Cebu City was apprehended by the Mabolo Police Drug Enforcement Unit inside a Chinese Cemetery in Barangay Carreta yesterday dawn.

Police Major Dindo Juanito Alaras said the suspect was part of Eddie Basillote’s downline.

Basillote was the alleged drug suspect who was mauled by eight Talamban policemen inside a video gaming shop last April 18.  The incident was caught on video and has gone viral since then.

“Part ni siya sa kang Basillote, pero naa pa’y mas babaw niya which mao ang tigpusil for Basillote,” Alaras said.

He said that Solon is considered as a street level target who is new to the drug industry. He is also considered as a peddler.

He added that Solon was previously arrested for possession of loose firearms, which he allegedly uses in robbery.

“Known ni siya na tulisan before ni siya na priso. Karon kay nibalhin na ni siya og duwa, drugs na pud. Pero dili ni siya gun for hire, pusher ra gyud,” Alaras said.

Solon yielded 63 grams of suspected shabu with a market value of P484,400.

Meanwhile, two other alleged drug suspects were arrested by the Punta Police Station operatives led by Police Major Keith Allen Andaya in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Quiot, Cebu City yesterday morning.

Arrested were Burt De Villa Batotol, 36, and Marvin Rivera Juagarap, 21.

Andaya said the subject of the operation was Batotol, who is considered as a high-value target for being able to dispose of up to 300 grams of shabu every three days.

Juagarap reportedly serves as Batotol’s runner.

“Ato ni sila gi-surveillance pila ka semana, before nato gi-conduct ang buy-bust, and namatikdan nato na wala sila’y trabaho na stable pero they are living a comfortable life,” Andaya said.

The duo yielded 190 grams of shabu worth P1.29 million in market value.

In Sawang Calero, a 34-year-old man was charged before the court for allegedly selling and in possession of shabu.

Prosecutor III Noel Cellona held Dickson “Adik” Calma, a resident of Tupas St., Barangay Sawang Calero, Cebu City, for trial after finding probable cause.

In an inquest proceeding, Calma chose not to answer the allegations filed against him before the Cebu City Prosecutor's Office. Instead, he manifested to face the charges in court.

No bail was recommended for Calma’s temporary liberty.

Patrolman Chico Dela Cruz of the Drug Enforcement Unit of the Cebu City Police Office alleged that a concerned citizen appeared at their office last April 19, 2019 and reported the illegal drug trade of a certain Adik.

During the buy-bust, Calma reportedly handed one heat-sealed transparent plastic sachet containing shabu to Dela Cruz.

Dela Cruz placed Calma under arrest after the transaction was completed.

Operatives were also able to recover 40.85 grams of shabu from Calma’s possession. — GAN (FREEMAN)

BUY-BUST OPERATION
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with