Hilton ‘bomber’ alone during attack
Christell Fatima M. Tudtud (The Freeman) - July 12, 2018 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines — Only one person is responsible for the explosion inside the heavy equipment display center of Hilton Motors Corp. last week.

Chief Inspector Mercy Villaro, information officer of Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO), said that based on the footage that they have obtained from a nearby closed-circuit television camera (CCTV), one person was caught walking near Hilton.

He was also caught throwing something at one of the displayed trucks.

The display center is owned by Peter Lim who was earlier tagged by President Rodrigo Duterte as one of the big time drug lords in the country.

Villaro said they will send the footage to the Cybercrime Laboratory for enhancement so that they can get a clearer picture of the perpetrator’s face.

Villaro has said earlier the explosives used by the perpetrator have components the same with that of a firecracker and is not identified as an improvised explosive device (IED).

"Wala na siya na belong sa IED kay iyahang pulbura kay kanang (parehas) sa firecracker," Villaro said.

Police are considering labor dispute as one of the possible motives behind the attack.

"We will also check if there are employees that were not given enough company benefits to know if it is part of the incident," she added.

On July 5, two explosions were reported at the heavy equipment display center that damaged a displayed truck.

No one was hurt during the incident.

Senior Superintendent Roberto Alanas, MCPO director, previously said that the explosion is an isolated case and is not a terrorist attack. (FREEMAN)

EXPLOSION HILTON
Philstar
  • Latest
Latest
Are you sure you want to log out?
X
Login

Philstar.com is one of the most vibrant, opinionated, discerning communities of readers on cyberspace. With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. Sign up now!

SIGN IN
or sign in with